UMS Utility Management System
More than just billing, UMS is a complete utility management solution for any size utility board or municipality
Manage accounts and utility services, review transactions, and use extensive search and reporting capabilities.
Comprehensive billing features include budget billing, bank drafting, loan financing, late charges, transfers, and multi-tenants.
Accept any form of payment, track deposits, manage delinquent accounts and cutoffs, and use a full array of payment options.
Control pricing with unlimited rates, from simple flat rates to the most complex rate structures.
Easily track usage, handle change-outs, use intelligent estimates, and upload AMR / AMI automated reading
Assign, schedule and track service orders, with one-step service order creation to simplify turn-ons, disonnects, and other daily operations.
UMS Utility Billing Features
- Flexible search features to quickly locate customers
- Maintain transaction history for billing, payments, and other charges
- Quickly determine late charges posted or compare current billing to previous year
- Examine complete itemized breakdown of all charges
- Forms - Use new account and bank draft sign-up forms
- Customer communications - Track customer communications, and email customers directly using email templates with prefilled account information
- Customer attachments - Attach files, photos, or scanned documents to customers
- Customer notes - Create alerts to CSRs during payment entry for returned checks or payment agreements, or prevent medical alert or payment agreement customers from being placed on the disconnect list
- Automated phone customer notifications
- Billing features - Automated bank drafting, budget billing, prorating, intelligent estimating, Operation Roundup
- Precise exception checking and estimating
- Bill printing - Multiple bill print formats to print in-office or by a third party
- Loans and financing - Easily finance tap fees, mechandise, or extended payments for large bills due to leaks or other circumstances. UMS automatically handles monthly billing and tracks balances.
- ACH processing
- UMSAccess - electronic bill presentment and online payment
- Unlimited rates
- Set rates based on usage, flat rates, taxes, late charges, fees, loans, and any other charges.
- Complete control over your rate structure, even its most complex elements
- Set specific rates for meters, services, customers, and accounts
- Accounting integration
- Preview rate changes with "What-If" rate analysis feature -- eliminates costly engineering studies
- Accept all payment types: cash, check, bank drafts, and credit cards
- Easy balancing and reporting for CSRs
- Deposit management
Delinquency and cutoff management
- Easily sort and preview delinquent accounts based on defined criteria
- Add disconnect/reconnect service charges
- Print custom door hangers or disconnect notices
- Account lein/write-off - maintain full audit trail of bad debt and write-offs
- Search customers by drivers license and Social Security number for outstanding debts prior to new service setup
- Track customer credit rating based on payment history
- Connect receipt printers, bar code scanners, and cash drawers
- Increase payment options with lockbox payments, remote deposit, and interactive voice response (IVR)
- UMSAccess - Customer portal for online payment
Meters and Readings
- Track services, readings, usage
- Manage testing schedules
- Easily correct readings to adjust usage
- Handle meter change-outs
- Intelligent estimated readings
- AMR / AMI automated reading systems modules
- Quickly issue service orders in response to a variety of events, including billing exceptions
- View and complete orders from Customer Account screen
- Track, organize, and edit service-based and meter-based service orders
- View detailed history by pending status and other criteria
- Attach field photographs of meter, premises, or landscape
- Easily assign and schedule service orders with Service Order Manager
- Completed service orders automatically update customer and service records
- Summarize monthly service data for board meetings
- UMSMobile - Transmit service orders to field technicians.